Quinoa for breakfast!? Yes please! The amazing Julia from JL Fit Nutrition has created an Apple & Almond KeenWah Bake to help you spice up your brekky options each day! Her spin on the classic baked oatmeal is high in protein, gluten-free AND dairy-free!! It is flavoursome, filling and tastes great with a big dollop of yogurt!
Give it a shot and make your morning meals more interesting!!
2 cups water
1 cup coconut cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup rice malt syrup
1 large apple, finely diced
1 tbsp chia seeds
1/2 cup goji berries
1/4 cup flaked almonds
1) Place the KeenWah and water into a saucepan over medium heat and bring to the boil. Simmer for approximately 15 minutes. Drain the excess water and set quinoa aside in a bowl to cool
2) Whisk cream, vanilla, eggs and syrup until combined.
3) Mix KeenWah, diced apple, chia seeds and goji berries in a large bowl. Pour over coconut cream mixture and mix well.
4) Pour mixture into a 20x30cm baking dish, then sprinkle flaked almonds over the top.
5) Bake KeenWah mixture at 180 for 35 minutes or until set.