Julia from JL Fit Nutrition has created yet another amazing KeenWah dish that really is the whole package!! This loaf is GLUTEN-FREE, GRAIN-FREE, VEGAN and naturally high in PROTEIN ! And on top of that, it is really really delicious !
Give it a shot, there are few ingredients and it is simple to make!
1 cup dry (uncooked) KeenWah
2 cups of water (for cooking KeenWah)
3 medium carrots, peeled and grated
3/4 cup pumpkin seeds
3/4 cup sunflower seeds
1 tbsp flax seeds
1 tbsp mixed herbs
4 cloves crushed garlic
2 tbsp dried chilli flakes (or to taste)
Pinch of salt
1/3 cup water
1) Place the KeenWah and water into a saucepan over medium heat and bring to the boil. Simmer for approximately 15 minutes. Drain the excess water and set quinoa aside in a bowl to cool.
2) Steam or microwave grated carrot until soft.
3) Combine sunflower and pumpkin seeds in a food processor and grind into flour/nut meal.
4) Pour meal into a large bowl and add flax seeds, herbs, chilli flakes, garlic and salt. Add carrot and KeenWah then mix well, using as much water is needed to bring the mixture together.
5) Preheat oven to 200C. While the oven is heating press the mixture firmly into a lined loaf tin and leave to sit, approximately 20 minutes.
6) Bake the loaf for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool in tin and store in the refrigerator.