A savoury snack that will please just about everyone ! Julia from JL Fit Nutrition has created these Mixed Seed Crackers with KeenWah flour that are vegan, gluten-free, egg-free AND nut-free ! They taste delicious on their own, or spread with fresh hummus for extra flavour.
This recipe makes approximately 20 crackers, give it a go!
2 tbsp chia seeds
2/3 cup sunflower seeds
2/3 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
1/4 cup sesame seeds
2 tsp linseeds
1½ tbsp cumin seeds
1 tsp sumac (optional)
1 tsp sea salt flakes
1/4 cup KeenWah flour
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1) Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2) Combine chia seeds and water in a small bowl. Set aside for 10-15 minutes to form a gel.
3) Briefly blitz the pumpkin and sunflower seeds in a food processor so they’re coarser than meal and still a little chunky. Add to a large bowl then mix in sesame seeds, linseeds, cumin seeds, sumac if using, sea salt and KeenWah flour.
4) Add the chia gel and coconut oil to the dry mixture, then mix until it forms a stiff dough.
5) Roll out the dough (I found between two sheets of baking paper was easiest) until approximately 3mm thick, then score your biscuit pattern.
6) Bake for 15-20 minutes of until golden brown. Allow to cool on baking tray, then break apart and store in an airtight container.