The greatest creation since her last creation !! Julia from JL Fit Nutrition has made a burger that is crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, tangy, smokey and DELICIOUS! Serve with salad and avocado or add cheese and a fried egg.. You could even add a side of oven-roasted potato wedges and you’ve got yourself a meal fit for a burger king!
¼ cup sunflower seeds
¼ cup pepitas
1 tbsp olive oil
1 brown onion, finely diced
150g portabello mushrooms, diced
1½ cups cooked KeenWah
1 x 400g can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 tsp crushed garlic
1 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp Dijon mustard
¼ cup fresh parsley
Salt and pepper
1) Blend sunflower seeds and pepitas into nut meal and set aside.
2) Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, then add mushrooms. Saute until mushrooms have softened and released their juices.
3) In a large bowl, roughly mash the black beans. Add remaining ingredients, including mushroom mixture and stir well to combine.
4) Shape mixture into 10 patties then chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
5) Preheat oven to 200C. Bake patties for 35 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking.
6) Serve in a bun with as many or as little trimmings as you like, but always with a big plate of oven-roasted potato wedges.