KeenWah & Portobello Mushroom Risotto
The wonderful Rosie from The Rose Dog Blog has created the most delicious KeenWah meal; effortless, nutritious and the perfect dish during the cold winter months. This KeenWah & Portobello Mushroom Risotto topped with Asparagus is so tasty and only takes 30 minutes to cook, give it a go.
6 Portobello Mushrooms, sliced
1 Red Onion, finely diced
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
1 Bunch Fresh Parsley, stalks finely chopped, leaves roughly chopped
5 Cups Vegetable Stock
1/2 Cup Parmesan, finely grated
1 Bunch Asparagus
1. Grab yourself a large frying pan. Add 100g butter, melt and then add the mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes and then tip into a bowl, leave to one side.
2. Add the final 100g butter and then add onions, parsley stalks and ginger and slowly soften for 5-7 minutes.
3. Once onions are softened. Add KeenWah in dry, stir around then add stock.
4. Bring to boil then leave to simmer slowly until all liquid has been absorbed and KeenWah is cooked and silky.
5. Add parmesan and parsley leaves to the quinoa/risotto. Stir well. Once parmesan has melted. Add the mushrooms back in it is ready to serve.
6. In a small frying pan. Melt a teaspoon of butter over a medium heat and gently fry the asparagus until browned on either side.
7. Serve the asparagus on top of the risotto.
for more photos of the cooking process.