KeenWah Australia has teamed up with the amazing Julia from JL Fit Nutrition, a qualified nutritionist, health coach and food blogger. Julia’s recipes are amazing and her story is truly inspiring. You can read more about her amazing life here. We look forward to sharing with you her delicious KeenWah recipes over the next few months…
To begin with, we would like to introduce the seriously delicious KeenWah & Potato Cakes!! They are bursting with flavour including a great mix of spring onion, garlic chive and cheese! They can be baked or fried, and served up by themselves, or with poached eggs and smoked salmon for a hearty breakfast meal !
You can cook the patties fresh (without chilling in the fridge) but they will be slightly more delicate
so be careful if you are frying them that you flip them very gently.
Give them a shot! They are so simple and SO tasty!
Makes 12 large or 36 small
2 large potatoes
½ cup milk
2 cups cooked KeenWah
3 spring onions
½ bunch of garlic chives
1 ½ cups grated cheese
Salt and pepper
1-2 tbsp olive oil
1) Boil, steam or microwave potatoes until tender. Mash with the milk, don’t worry if it’s not perfectly smooth.
2) Add KeenWah, spring onion, chives and a generous seasoning of salt and pepper. Mix until well
combined, then stir through the grated cheese.
3) Shape mixture into 12 patties (approximately 1/3 cup worth of mixture each) and place on a lined tray in the fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes.
4) Heat the olive oil in a non-stick fry pan and once it’s hot add the patties. Fry for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown, then flip and fry on the other side (they need to form a crust so be careful not to flip them too early – otherwise they’ll just fall apart). Drain on absorbent paper.
5) Alternatively bake the patties on a lined tray at 200⁰C for 20-55 minutes or until golden, flipping half way through the cooking time.
6) Serve immediately with sour cream, sweet chili sauce and a large garden salad.