KeenWah, Walnut & Date Cookies from The Rosedog Blog
Her KeenWah Paella was an absolute hit, and now Rosie from the The Rosedog Blog has created the most delicious snack that will most definitely satisfy your tastebuds and keep you full for the afternoon! Rosie has used our KeenWah Puffs and Flakes, combined with other plant-based ingredients to create a seriously scrumptious KeenWah, Walnut & Date cookie! Only 10 minutes to make and 20 minutes to bake! Have a go!
Recipe makes around 8 cookies.
1 Cup KeenWah Flakes
1/3 Cup Ground LSA Meal (Linseed/Sunflower/Almond)
1/3 Cup Puffed KeenWah
1/3 Almond or Hazelnut Meal
1/3 Walnuts, roughly chopped
3 Tbsp Cacao Nibs
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Ripe Banana
10 Dates, destoned
1. Turn oven onto 180c. Place dates into bowl and cover with enough boiling water to they are all submerged. Leave to soak for 5 minutes.
2. Add all dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and ensure well mixed.
3. In a blender or food processor add banana, drain the almost all of the water from the dates and add those to food process and blitz until a gooey/runny consistency.
4. Add to dry mixture and mix together, until a doughy consistency.
5. Roll into walnut sized balls and squish down onto a lined baking tray. Should make 8-10 cookies.
6. Whack in the oven for 20 minutes until browned on the outside. Pop on a wire rack and leave to cool.