KeenWah flour is often used as a substitute for wheat flour. It is the most nutritious flour available being high in protein, calcium and iron. The amazing Julia from JL Fit Nutrition has used our KeenWah Flour to create her Strawberry, Lemon & Poppyseed Muffins. They are such a great snack option when you can’t decide what you feel like eating!! They are light, healthy and delicious!
Give them a go, this recipe makes approximately 12 muffins.
1x 250g punnet of strawberries
Juice of two lemons
Zest of three lemons
1 cup milk
1 cup oat flour
1 cup KeenWah flour
2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 cup coconut sugar
2 tbsp poppyseeds
1) Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C. Line 12 muffin trays with paper liners.
2) Wash, dry and slice the strawberries. Combine lemon juice and milk in a small jug and set aside for 5 minutes to curdle.
3) Combine oat and KeenWah flours, baking powder, salt, sugar and poppyseeds in a large bowl and mix well.
4) Add milk and eggs to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir through strawberries, reserving 12 slices for decoration.
5) Pour the batter evenly into the prepared muffin holes and top each one with a slice of reserved strawberry.
6) Bake the muffins for approximately 20-25 minutes, or until lightly golden and firm to touch.